Dalyan - Kalan
Dalyan was originally a countryside village of fisherman and farmers but is now one of the smaller sized, yet ever popular, tourist towns on the famous Turkish south coast Riviera. The historic town of Kalkan is an enchanting place and one of the most beautiful locations along Turkey`s gorgeous Lycian Coast. With the absence of mass tourism, Kalkan remains a charming and unspoiled haven of lush nature, brilliant, blue crystal-clear sea, historic architecture, ancient history and warm traditional Turkish hospitality.
1. Iztuzu Beach: An excellent swimming beach,Iztuzu (turtle)Beach is one of the Mediterranean nesting sites of the loggerhead turtle,and special rules to protect it are enforced although the beach is open the public during the day.
2. Rocks Tombs: It`s hard to miss the imposing Lycian rock tombs that overlook the town from the cliffs just across the river.Take the row boat across the river fopr a closer look.
3. Saklikent Gorge: The longest canyon in Turkey
4. Elmali: A very old traditional Ottoman town in the Taurus mountain highlands, site of ancient and prehistoric settlements.
5. Turkish Baths: Experience this wonderfully relaxing way of becoming very, very clean in an ancient style.